Best-Ever Rice Pudding
To all our OFWs in China and the rest of Asia, did you know that rice pudding originated in China??
Check out the easiest rice recipe that you can make!
It's too easy and too delicious to fall out of style. This classic recipe is ripe for improvisation—try it with raisins or your favorite dried fruit, toasted nuts, or a fresh fruit compote. For vegan and dairy-free folks, try it with coconut milk!
- 5 1/2 c. whole milk, divided
- 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. Jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 5 cups milk, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- When milk is boiling, add rice and reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and rice is tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and remaining ½ cup milk. Serve hot or chill in refrigerator and serve cold, with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Don't forget to order bigas online for your families in the Philippines! Free and fast delivery.