Butter Garlic Rice
- 6-8 cloves garlic very finely sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola, grapeseed or other neutral flavoured oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter salted or unsalted, divided
- 1 ½ cups white rice medium or long grain is best (raw)
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼-½ cup scallions finely sliced
- white pepper
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic slices and saute, moving constantly, until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Pour out excess oil then return to the stove.
Add 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted, add garlic. Cook for 1 ½ minutes or until the garlic starts to turn light golden and the butter is well infused with garlic flavour.
Add rice, stir to coat in garlic butter.
Add broth, place lid on saucepan. Bring to simmer then immediately turn down to medium low.
Cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed by the rice. Tilt saucepan to check.
Remove from stove but leave lid on. Rest for 10 minutes.
Fluff with fork, transfer into serving bowl. Stir through remaining butter and scallions, or garnish as per photos. Sprinkle with crispy garlic, salt, and pepper. Serve.
Credits: Spend with Pennies