- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 c. long-grain parboiled white rice
- 1/2 lb. cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, pepper, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cheese and cook, stirring, until melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add stock and cook until liquid is thickened and rice is soft, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with chives.
Credit: Country Living