- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced into rounds
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cooked rice
- In a large pot, melt butter. Add onion, carrots, and celery.
- Cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, 6 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until golden, 10 minutes, then add thyme and garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and whisk until golden, 1 minute.
- Pour over chicken broth and milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and bring to a simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.