For Chicken Fried Rice
For Omelet1 large egg
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sharp cheddar cheese
- Start with preparing fried rice. Rinse the chicken, pat it dry, and cut into 1-cm pieces. Chop the onion finely and thaw the frozen vegetables. Then, heat the olive oil in a medium non-stick pan. Sauté the onion, chicken, and vegetables, and season with salt and pepper.
- Now, stir in cooked rice, ketchup and soy sauce until combined. Move the mixture to a plate and wash the frying pan.
- Next, prepare the omelet. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Meanwhile, whisk the egg with milk in a small bowl. Pour the whisked egg onto a hot pan to cover the bottom evenly. Then, turn the heat to low.
- Sprinkle cheese and rice on top of the omelet. Cover the filling, folding both sides of the omelet towards the middle, using a spatula.
- Now, tilt the frying pan and gently slide the omurice onto a serving plate.
- Decorate with ketchup and serve.
Credit: Taste Atlas