Mushroom and Kimchi Brown Rice
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Mix the kimchi, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar in a small bowl or measuring cup until the sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms release water, about 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and continue to stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, scraping up any browned bits in the skillet, and simmer until slightly reduced, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the kimchi mixture and cook until everything is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with the scallions. Serve hot.
Credit: Food Network