Spicy Sesame Rice Bowls
- 1/3 c. Korean red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1 lb. beef top round, cut against grain into very thin 2"-long slices
- 12 oz. medium shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 seedless (English) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 6 c. cooked white rice, hot
- Thinly sliced green onions, shredded carrots, kimchi and sesame seeds for serving
- In large bowl, whisk red pepper paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and 1/4 cup of water until smooth; set aside 1/2 cup of sauce.
- To use the remaining sauce, add beef and pinch salt, tossing to coat. Let stand at least 10 minutes or refrigerate up to overnight.
- Add beef to pressure-cooker pot along with mushrooms. Cover, lock and bring up to pressure on high. Reduce heat to medium-low, maintaining pressure. Cook 10 minutes.
- While beef cooks, toss cucumber with vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; set aside.
- Release pressure by using quick-release function. Divide spinach among 6 serving bowls; top each with 1 cup of rice. Drain cucumbers. Top rice with beef, mushrooms, cucumbers, green onions, carrots, kimchi and sesame seeds; drizzle with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Calories - 450
Protein - 26g
Carbs - 65g
Fat - 10g
Saturated Fat - 2g
Fiber - 5g
Sodium - 710mg