Thai Sticky Rice
- 1 1/2 c. glutinous sweet rice
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can coconut milk, divided
- 1/2 c. water
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and cubed
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Using a fine mesh strainer, rinse rice.
- Add rice, 1 cup coconut milk, and water to a medium pot and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Bring pot to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat.
- Simmer, covered with lid slightly ajar, until rice is tender and water has been fully absorbed, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another medium pot over medium heat, bring remaining coconut milk and sugar and salt to a boil over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved and continue to cook until mixture bubbles vigorously and is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour ½ cup warm coconut mixture over rice and gently stir to combine. Let sit until coconut milk is absorbed and rice has cooled to room temperature, about 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, place rice on serving dish with mango. Pour remaining sauce over rice and top with sesame seeds.