Vegetarian Fried Rice
- 5 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. canola oil
- 8 oz. tiny shiitake mushrooms, (or shiitake mushroom caps, slices)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1" piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 jalepeño chile, thinly sliced
- 4 c. Cooked white rice
- 1 c. edamame, thawed if frozen
- 4 large fried eggs
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil, then mushrooms and cook, tossing until just golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil, then green onions, ginger, garlic and jalapeño and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the rice and edamame and cook, tossing to combine for 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce mixture along with reserved mushrooms and toss to combine. Top each serving with an egg. Serve with fresh cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
Credits: Good Housekeeping